Frequently Asked Questions
What costs are covered?
Our partners have generously provided products and services to cover the costs for the following on the journey:
What is not covered?
- Personal shopping
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Heath, medical or accidental expenses beyond the travel insurance coverage - no pre-existing conditions
- Additional activities, transport, accommodation beyond what is included in our itinerary
- Other items/services not explicitly listed
Where does the trip go?
We leave from Chicago. Currently, we are going through St. Louis, Nashville, Huntsville, Birmingham, Memphis, Tulsa, Austin, New Mexico, a National Park and ending in Denver. The full itinerary will be live by May 1. However, it is subject to change.
What is the transportation?
We are taking all types of transportation from Flights, Trains, Buses, Subways, Trolleys, Bikes, RV, Cars, etc.
What is the accommodation?
We are staying in all types of accommodation from Hotels, B&Bs, Hostels, etc.
How does someone qualify to be a potential participant?
- You must be 16 years-30 years old (parent approval must be given for 16 and 17 year olds)
- Resident of the United States
- Completed application by 11:59 p.m. PDT May 15, 2018
Are there opportunities for non-US residents?
YES! You can still register even if you are not a United States resident. You may not be able to qualify for this trip, but Your Big Year has previoulsy had opportunities for young adults globally. We want to know of your interest and we will keep you updated on our next wave of programs.
What is required for the trip?
The trip will be filmed for social media release across social channels including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter. We will be generating "webisodes" for our global audience to watch.
- Travelers must be comfortable being filmed for social media and social media webisodes.
- Travelers must be comfortable and willing to document the trip across social media channels.
Who goes on tour?
- We have a tour manager and filmmaker. In each city we are will work with local partners. The rest of the team is based in San Francisco and Austin.